Skin inflammation is one of the most common problems among women and men. They can pass without a trace, or they can leave a “memory” in the form of spots, scars and scars. These imperfections often cause self-doubt, because the face is the calling card of every person. How to get rid of post-acne, restore beauty, smoothness and uniform color to the skin? We will try to help you get closer to perfection.
Post-acne: what is it, types of traces
Acne and acne can appear due to improper facial skin care, hormonal changes and the negative impact of environmental factors. The most common causes of these aesthetic imperfections are:
- use of products with mineral oils. These ingredients clog pores. The work of the sebaceous glands is disturbed. The result is the appearance of inflammation and rashes;
- frequent stress. Tension and worries contribute to the activation of the synthesis of hormones that stimulate the sebaceous glands. Their secret forms inflamed sebaceous plugs;
- pollution. One way to reduce the likelihood of a rash is to avoid touching your face with dirty hands;
- demodex. The disease is transmitted from those who are infected. It is accompanied by blockage of the sebaceous glands and inflammatory processes;
- high doses of caffeine. This component activates the nervous system, which leads to the release of hormones and the synthesis of sebum. Caffeine also negatively affects the pH balance, increases the sensitivity of the skin. If your dermis is acne prone, limit your coffee breaks.
The appearance of traces of acne leads to improper treatment. After cauterization or squeezing, spots and scars may remain on the face. The first appear due to increased synthesis of melanin at the site of inflammation. Some brighten and disappear over time, others require intervention – the use of special cosmetics, post-acne procedures. Scars of various shapes and depths are formed due to injury to the skin. When extruded, tissues atrophy, collagen synthesis is disrupted, and the skin cannot restore its former appearance.
How to deal with post-acne
Before removing post-acne, it is necessary to eliminate the cause of acne. If you do not stop the inflammatory process, the rash will appear again. A dermatologist-cosmetologist will help determine the cause and prescribe an effective treatment. The condition of the skin is affected by nutrition, care and the quality of the products used. Treatment is selected individually. To remove traces of post-acne, the following products are prescribed:
- creams and serums with AHA acids. They exfoliate the keratinized layer of the skin, lighten age spots, even out the relief of the dermis;
- lactic acid peels. They have a positive effect on the texture of the skin, contribute to a uniform shade of the face. For maximum effect, a course of peels is recommended. Their number and regularity are determined by the beautician;
- products containing salicylic acid. This component is the best remedy for the treatment of acne. It cleanses pores, relieves puffiness, eliminates redness, exfoliates the top layer of the skin, activating regeneration processes.
To eliminate aesthetic flaws, an integrated approach is needed. The skin needs effective deep cleansing, hydration and nutrition, as well as the normalization of the functions of the sebaceous glands. Means aimed at combating post-acne contain components that have the listed properties. Such products have antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
Effective means are presented in different lines from the Israeli brand Christina. To get rid of post-acne, you can use the Unstress regenerating mask, Cleansing and Balance tonic, Bio Phyto normalizing cream, Comodex cleansing gel.
Deeper and more noticeable traces cannot be eliminated only with home care. For this, salon procedures are carried out. Chemical peels use highly acidic formulations. These procedures help to get rid of post-acne scars and return the skin to a healthy look. But after the course of procedures, a rehabilitation period will be required under the supervision of a specialist.
Dermabrasion removes the top layer of the skin. This procedure uses a machine equipped with cutters and brushes. Grinding the dermis leads to the fact that aesthetic imperfections are gradually erased, the skin is renewed. After dermabrasion, collagen synthesis is activated, the shade and relief of the dermis are evened out. This procedure, like chemical peeling, requires a recovery period.
One type of dermabrasion is laser resurfacing. It differs in the way it affects the skin. Alignment is carried out by means of laser flashes instead of a mechanical nozzle. The procedure is painful and is performed under local anesthesia.